7.6.06

preview: Familie in Europe -- the last stop

This is a preview entry to get the apologies out of the way and to encourage the meager remains of my readership to keep checking the blog!

The last European entry is a totally new experience: I met my extended family in Germany. The extension reaches through my Stepmother Ilka, who we all know pretty well. I've known her for about 25 years, and you will at least remember her from the entries last summer.

Her cousin Gabi lives in a little town in Western Germany not far from Düsseldorf, where I was to fly out from. Gabi and her husband Klaus have two sons, Steffen and Sven. They looked after me and entertained me for my last week in Europe, and if you think the cozy family life just means a warm bed, regular meals, and wandering some cute old towns, you're almost right.

The Sewings certainly took good care of me, but it should be pointed out that Steffen and Sven were both students at the time. Each of them gave me experiences I hadn't yet had in Europe, and introduced me to some lovely young people who knew how to have fun.

That particular photo is part of a fabulous series. More of which you'll see soon!

gcb

2 comments:

katehopeeden said...

That particular photo is part of a fabulous series. More of which you'll see soon!

Can't wait!
~K

Unknown said...

I'm still here :)

The many experiences you had are astounding! Great memories that you'll always treasure.

Why do I sound like my mother?